The APH 5020 Hydrostatic Vibratory Plate Compactor features a twin-shaft exciter system that packs powerful compaction forces. This machine is highly reliable and trusted in the marketplace because of its robust design and long component life.
This hydrostatic plate weighs in at 367 kg. It can be operated easily and comfortably, even in tight areas, and works well around obstacles such as columns and in cohesive materials. The machine also is smooth when changing directions.
- Hydraulic pump for hydrostatic drive and responsive steering; no V belt required
- Air-cooled Hatz diesel engine with low oil pressure protection system
- Easy access to all service points
- Optimised base plate for well-balanced operation
- Plates can be equipped with the Ammann ACEecon, a compaction control system developed for larger Ammann compactors and now adjusted to fit the APH line
- Extension plates enable a wide field of applications with a variety of working widths
The APH line features a fully hydrostatic system that eliminates the need for a V belt or a centrifugal clutch – and the maintenance that go with them. A hydraulic motor drives the eccentric shafts. Orbitol steering controls the adjustment of the centrifugal weights, allowing a smooth change of direction.
Lowest hand-arm vibration
The standard hand guide for APH is vibration isolated to minimise hand-arm vibration
Emissions of less than 2.5 m/s2 (excl. APH 100-20) enable the APH vibratory plates to work long shifts without stress to the operator. The vibrations are so low that safety codes do not require documentation of operator hours.
The extremely low HAV values result from Ammann’s newly designed, patented Z buffer, which absorbs vibration and provides stable control for efficient and accurate operation.
Despite weights of up to 800 kg, the APH plates are maneuverable and easy to control. Orbitol steering allows smooth change of direction and on-the-spot compaction for challenging areas.
An emergency stop on the handle provides the highest operator safety.
Simple to start
APH plates are started with the standard hand crank, securely stored on the machine so it is always available. Optional e-start systems are available for even quicker machine starts.
Ready to take a hit
Full coverage of all crucial machine components ensures optimal protection against dust, dirt and rocks while working. The robust design and high quality material also prevent damage on the jobsite and during transport.
Easy to transport
The standard lifting hook makes transfer between jobsites easy. The hooks are large enough that forklifts can be used to lift the plates. The handle is foldable and can be fixed in a safe, upright position to save space for transport.
Best-in-class access to service points
The protective engine hood opens wide for machine service work. This eases maintenance work in the field and in the workshop.
Extend the life of your baseplate
Do you work on especially hard materials, or are you hoping to extend the lifetime of your baseplate? Ammann offers a wear-resistant base that is simple to mount and replace when needed.
|Weights & Dimensions||Metric||US|
|Machine weight basic unit||367 kg||807 lb|
|with extension plates 75 mm||385 kg||805 lb|
|with extension plates 150 mm||400 kg||882 lb|
|A = Base plate length||450 mm||17,7 in|
|B = Machine length||900 mm||35,4 in|
|C = with handle||1600 mm||63,0 in|
|D = Machine heigth||775 mm||30,5 in|
|E = Handle height (work)||1000 mm||43,1 in|
|F = Handle height (transport)||1380 mm||54,3 in|
|G = Machine width||450 mm||17,7 in|
|H = with extension plates||600/750 mm||23,6/29,5 in|
|Engine||Hatz Supra 1D50S||Hatz Supra 1D50S|
|Engine Output||9,4 HP / 7 kW||9,4 HP / 7 kW|
|Fuel consumption||1,7 l/h||0,4 gal/h|
|Max, Vibration frequency||65 Hz||3900 vpm|
|Max, Centrifugal force||50 kN||11 lbf|
|Working surface basic unit||650 m2/h||1399 ft2/h|
|with extensions||850 m2/h / 1050 m2/h||1830 ft2/h / 2260 ft2/h|
|Max. compaction depth *||70 cm||28 in|
|Speed||26 m/min||1 mph|
|Tank capacity||5 l||1,1 gal|
|Max. incline to all sides||30°||30°|
|* depending on ground conditions|
- Control handle bar, ergonimically adjustable and lockable
- Orbitrol system providing optimal drive control
- Protective casing: Protects functional components against dirt and damage, offers easy accessibility for service
- Powerful, air cooled and silenced hatz diesel engines with oil alert system and low emission values
- Hydrostatic driven 2-shaft exciter system
- Extension plates (75 / 150 mm)
- Operation hour meter
- Electric starter
- Compaction control system ACEecon for compaction measurement on site for an optimised compaction
- Emergency stop at the end of the handle for highest operator safety
- 3 year extended Warranty Program